Operating Engineers operate and maintain heavy construction equipment such as cranes, excavators, loaders, pile drivers, and hoists. They use this equipment to excavate, move, or grade earth, erect structural steel, and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials.
Operating Engineers Local 98 JATC (Western MA, Western NH and VT)
Length of Apprenticeship: 4 years; 600 hours of classroom training and 6,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E. D. certificate;
- Must pass a mandatory drug test and physical;
- Must have residency within the jurisdiction of Local 98
- Must pass aptitude test;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Contact: David Kazimierczak, Director
Operating Engineers Local 98 JATC
102 E. Plumtree Road, Sunderland, MA 01375
P (413) 548-9508
Fax: (413) 549-9600
Massachusetts Laborers’ 2021 Apprentice Application Dates
Qualified Individuals should fill out applications at the Local Union nearest to their residence between 9:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M. On these scheduled dates:
March 9, 2021
June 8, 2021
September 14, 2021
December 14, 2021
- Must be 18 Years old & Physically able to do the work of the trade.
- Must submit to drug testing.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Driver’s License.
- Must have reliable transportation.
For Berkshire County:
Laborers’ Local 473
264 West Housatonic St.
Pittsfield, MA 01201